History of Caledonia High School
In the early days, the Caledonia School was the typical one room schoolhouse; however, as the student load increased, buildings were enlarged or erected on the original five acre tract of land. The first graduating class of 1910 consisted of four student, whereas the class of 2005 graduated 88 students.
Today, the high school grounds consist of over 40 acres, which includes classrooms, gymnasium, vocational complex, and adjacent athletic fields. New growth in the area has necessitated constant construction upgrades to buildings and athletic facilities. As in previous days, grades K-12 are housed on the same 40 acre complex with a total of over 1800 students.
Every pupil of the district will have equal educational opportunities regardless of race, color, creed, sex, handicap, religion or marital status. No student shall be excluded on such basis from participating in or having access to any course offerings, athletics, counseling, employment assistance, and extra-curricular activities.
As provided under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, no person in the U.S. shale, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity recieving federal financial assistance.